Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Cypress Lounge and Wine Bar @ The Westin Bellevue

What I thought was going to be another average experience with demi-mediocre wine at the hotel lounge turned out very unexpectedly to be a delightful evening.

The enchanting & wonderful Marketing Lead, Maia asked me about what type of wine I would like to enjoy, and consequently brought me 3 samples, all from local WA wineries.

I decided on the fabulous Matthews Estate 2006 Claret. The same vineyard also produces the more exclusive Tenor brand!

2 samples later, We moved on to the Buty Beast Wildebeest 2008 which had more body, and hints of violet (thanks Maia)!

2 things I learned tonight:

- The grapes cultivated here are on same equator parallel as Bordeaux.

- Great vineyards in Washington State produce wines because they like to enjoy them, not just to sell them!





No comments:

Post a Comment